2022 National Water Use Data Workshop in Salt Lake City
August 16-18, 2022
Salt Lake City, UT
The upcoming 2022 National Water Use Data Workshop is a collaboration between the Western States Water Council Water Information Management Systems (WIMS) Group, USGS National Water Use Team, Interstate Council on Water Policy, and the Internet of Water.
- Provide a platform for state agency staff to learn from each other about the latest efforts related to water data management and sharing.
- Engage state IT and water resources management staff with the USGS National Water Use Data and Research (WUDR) and the Water Data Exchange (WaDE) Programs.
- Exchange the latest developments on water use data sharing methods and how states can benefit from them.
- Identify challenges related to states data sharing efforts and potential solutions to consider.
- Programs or initiatives related to improving water use data collection, sharing, and access
- Historic monthly/annual site-specific water withdrawals and use data reporting and sharing efforts
- Data gaps and methods that have been developed to fill them
- Metadata for water use information